Complete the Program Online, On-Campus, or a Combination of Both
The Executive Master of Accounting with a concentration in Professional Accounting program is tailored to the needs of busy professionals. Most students complete the program while working full time, although students with an undergraduate degree in accounting have the option of completing the program in as few as three semesters.
The professional accounting program is offered by the School of Accounting Executive Program in FAU’s AACSB-accredited and nationally recognized College of Business. The program provides students with specialized knowledge and skills with a focus on the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential. Students can complete the program (a) Entirely online by watching livestreamed or recorded lectures, (b) In person – Students that desire a more traditional classroom experience may participate in the optional live lectures held on Saturday mornings in the state-of-the-art Davie West Building on the FAU Davie Campus., or (c) a combination of both. Attend your way!
Throughout the program, students have the opportunity to meet and network with successful professionals. Our dedicated career services specialist works with students on their resumes and LinkedIn profiles. FAU Executive Education students also have access to our professional network and to job announcements that we post exclusively for them.
Join a Highly-Respected Profession in which Opportunity Abounds
According to the 2015 Compensation Survey conducted by the American Institute of Certified Accountants (AICPA), the mean total compensation for CPA’s is $198,400. Of course, total compensation can vary dramatically based on length of career, position within the firm or organization, and many other factors. CPA’s work in all sectors of the economy, public accounting, government, and in private companies.
An admissions specialist will contact you.
Graduate with a Master of Accounting, Even without an Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
Students with a non-accounting undergraduate degree may join the program, although additional coursework is required for those that do not have an undergraduate degree in accounting. Contact our office to determine the number of courses required based on your previous coursework.
Financial aid is available to students who qualify. Call us! An Executive Admissions Specialist is waiting for your call at 561-297-3002.
Attend Your Way: Online, On-Campus, or Via Interactive Live Web Video
Saturday morning lectures in Davie, FL are broadcast live to the web, via interactive web videoconferencing. You can attend in person, via your smart phone, iPad, or PC, or stream the lecture videos at a time of your convenience.
Apply Now and Start in January, May or August
Master of Accounting with a concentration in Professional Accounting
Professor Michael Crain did an amazing job giving us assignments that mimic real life valuation engagements; he also taught us how to write the reports properly. I really enjoyed all of the courses, and I think they prepared me well for a career in business valuation.
The Executive Master of Accounting with a concentration in Professional Accounting Program starts three times a year: Spring, Summer and Fall; applications are accepted year-round. Please note that application deadlines may differ from those published in the graduate catalog.
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- Have a competitive grade point average on all previous college work, though emphasis is placed on the last 60 credits earned.
- Applicants who have completed all or part of their education outside of the United States are required to have a course-by-course evaluation done by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For a list of member evaluation services, please visit the NACES website at www.naces.org.
- If the applicant’s native language is not English, submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (http://www.ets.org/toefl).
The Admissions Committee may recommend that some applicants provide supplemental materials. To learn more please click here.
Would you like to visit our campus and learn more about our programs in person? Please contact Jeff Knox at 561-297-0525 or email email@example.com to schedule a campus visit or to learn more about our programs. Please note that our classes are held live in downtown Ft. Lauderdale (and online) and our administrative offices are on the Boca Raton campus. The addresses of the Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton campuses are listed below:
FAU Boca Campus
777 Glades Road – Suite 107
Boca Raton, FL 33431
FAU’s first and largest campus sits on more than 850 acres just east of I-95 in beautiful Boca Raton. The campus features everything you expect from a modern university including state-of-the-art labs and classrooms, suite-style housing for students plus athletic and recreational facilities. It is also home to the A.D. Henderson University School, FAU High School, FAU Research Park and the nation’s largest Lifelong Learning Society.
FAU Downtown Fort Lauderdale Campus
111 East Las Olas Blvd.
Higher Education Complex
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, the campus is home to a mix of professional and design-oriented programs including architecture, executive accounting, computer animation, graphic design, public administration and urban planning.
Please note that tuition for executive programs is different than for traditional programs. For more information, please contact Jeff at 561-297-0525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field of study from a regionally accredited institution.
- Prospective students must be in good standing with any previously attended institution of higher education.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study.
- GMAT score of 500 or higher, or
- Students who don’t have a GRE, GMAT, or LSAT score before classes are encouraged to apply before taking the entrance test. If you have not yet taken GMAT/GRE or LSAT (or your test scores are below recommended levels), please contact – Majory Moise – via email at: email@example.com, or via phone at: 561.297.3002 or 1.877.248.3133.
- Click to begin the application process.
- International Students: Please see our Admission Requirements for International Students.