Hello Executive Student,
If you are planning to park on FAU campuses, please read the information below. Please disregard it if it does not apply to you.
On-campus parking instructions:
If you have already registered your license plate in the Fall 2019 semester, please make sure your vehicle information is still correct and that FAU’s system reflects that your permit is good until July 31, 2020. Please see the steps listed below. In general, FAU does not issue parking decals. If you park on one of FAU campuses, a patrol person will scan your license plate as he/she drives by your car to make sure that you are an active FAU student. Therefore, please make sure that you enter the correct license plate number.
Please note: When you are attending the Ft. Lauderdale campus on Saturdays, please make sure to park inside FAU’s gated lot. You can open the gate with your Owl Card (with the magnetic strip facing the parking lot) or press the button at the gate for assistance.
On certain Saturdays, the City of Ft. Lauderdale blocks the road to FAU’s entrance due to special events. When this happens, you will have to park in the city’s parking garage with an FAU parking decal. On the first day of classes, we will distribute a parking decal to qualified students* to use as an emergency when the road to FAU’s entrance is blocked. The decal is valid only for the 7th floor of the city’s parking garage. If you choose to park on levels 1 through 6, you will have to pay at the meters. If you choose to park on level 7, the decal needs to be displayed. If you get ticketed due to improper parking, you will be responsible for paying the citation.
* In order for us to give you the emergency parking decal, we need proof that you have registered for the parking permit. After you have completed the steps listed below, you will receive a confirmation email. If you are planning to attend classes on January 18th, please print the confirmation email and bring it with you. If you are not planning to attend on January 18th, please email the confirmation page along with your mailing address to Deborah at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will mail you the emergency parking decal by the first week of February.
How to Register or Verify Your Vehicle Information:
- Click on https://parking.fau.edu
- Click on the “FAU Parking Login” button (on the right side)
- Enter your user name and password again
- Enter new or review your existing vehicle information and update it if necessary
- Click on “Purchase Permit” in the “Quick Links” box
- Read the information, make sure that you are defaulted to the “Blue ePermit” with “$0.00”, and click on “Next.”
- Complete the rest of the steps. After you have completed the steps, please make sure that you receive a confirmation email of your transaction.